1. Getting new supplies for making jewelry. I bought a whole bunch of stuff so that I can get to work over Christmas break.
2. Hot chocolate (made with chocolate soy milk, Bailey's, and marshmallows). We stayed in last night and watched a movie. It was the first real snow of the season- a perfect night for a hot drink.
3. Unit planning. One of the things I love about my job is the creativity that goes into planning a unit. I am starting two new units this week. Although I didn't get to pick the books, (Ender's Game and The Taming of the Shrew), I do get to add a lot of supplemental texts. Brenda and I have decided to teach Brave along with Shrew, since there are some plot similarities and thematic connections. I watched the movie last night and got excited. I also taught this awesomely weird short story ("The Tiger's Bride") that will go perfectly with Brave and Shrew.
4. Little milestones. I had my semester evaluation last week. My principal came and watched me teach for the second time, and we met three times. It was a really stressful week, so I am glad that it is over and that, ultimately, it went really well.
5. Rewards. I rewarded myself by getting my toes did at Tootsies. They look good. And I bought new yoga pants. Sometimes I wish I could live in yoga pants. Does that mean I've given up?