Maybe it's because the semester is almost over, maybe it's because I am finally (sort of) caught up on my grading, or maybe it's because I just had a break, but this week I keep thinking about how much I love my job. It's a hard job, but it's really fun and rewarding. My students ask me the funniest questions. Here are some of ones they've asked recently (some of these I'm asked frequently and by multiple students):
1. Did you vote for Obama? You're part Mexican, so probably, right?
2. Are you married?
3. Do you want kids?
*They ask me this all of the time.
4. Are we your favorite class?
5. I'm your favorite student, right?
6. Mrs. H., are you a hipster? You are, aren't you?
7. Can I straighten your hair?
8. Will you wear your hair down next time?
(I get the feeling some of them want to help out their frumpy old teacher)
9. Would you ever get a piercing above your lip? You should.
This one was today. It surprised me. Anyway, they make me laugh a lot. I love my students.